CCF Barbell Club - 4 week Cycle starting next week!06 September 2016
Want to focus a bit extra on your Olympic Lifting? Join the CCF Barbell Club Team that is training for SA Champs two days a week!
CCF Weightlifting Club won the trophy for highest ranked WL Club at the WP Champs last weekend - why would you not want to train with these guys? The latest success of our lifters at the Western Province Weightlifting Champs have inspired us to put up a special 4 week cycle for the lifters, but also open it up for ANYONE* that wants to improve on their weightlifting by focusing a bit extra on it for 4 weeks!
- What? 8x 75min Coached Sessions building up to increased maxes in the Snatch and Clean & Jerk.
- Special Focus: - Lifting from the blocks to improve speed under the bar will be a major focus. - Snatch & Clean Pulls from the ground, to improve the bar path to set you up for success when getting under!
- When? Tuesdays at 18.30 and Thursdays at 18.00 for 4 weeks from the 13th of September.
- For Who? Our lifters that have qualified for SA Champs will join these sessions, but they are open to anyone wanting to focus a bit extra on this. *We require that you have a sound Over Head Squat, Front Squat & Push Press and are familiar with the Olympic Lifts (please email Coach Chris if you are unsure if this is for you).
- Fees, for all 8 sessions: CCF Members - R500, Non CCF Members - R1000.
- Coach: Coach Chris, Head Coach at Cape CrossFit and Main Coach for the CCF Weightlifting Club.
I want YOU to lift more weights.
How do I incorporate this into my weekly training?
We will sit down with each individual athlete and make a schedule for these four weeks. Ideally you have a rest day after the Thursday session, but depending on your how your weeks are structured we can make a plan to fit YOU. We do not recommend that you do a CrossFit class before the weightlifting sessions as those will be heavy on the system and will require your full focus for the biggest benefit. We do also strongly recommend that you continue to take part in our Saturday morning Barbell Club sessions as those also form part of this 4 week cycle. (Those sessions are FREE for ALL CCF members!).
I do want to lift more weights, how do I sign up!?
Email Coach Chris at [email protected] and hope that you are fast enough. There are a limited amount of spots available for these 8 sessions and we expect them to go quickly! PS. This will be the first in a series of Weightlifting Cycles offered at Cape CrossFit. We will tailor these cycles to beginners, intermediate, and experienced weightlifters throughout the months to come - keep your eyes open.