Enter the "CCF Lifestyle"-challenges to find your fittest you!04 April 2018
Join our 6 week challenges, designed to build a lifestyle to last forever!
Wouldn't you want to jump out of bed filled with energy in the morning? Wouldn't you want to be able to hike the mountains around you on a weekly basis, play with your kids on the beach for hours, or simply become that FIT human being your friends either admire or even envy for it..?
Well, here's your chance! The "CCF Lifestyle Challenges" are placed at the start of winter to set you up for success during the colder months - there is no better time to set yourself up for the future than now!
And if a "new" lifestyle and healthier & fitter you is not motivation enough, check out the prizes and epic improvements by the last challenges winners here: https://tinyurl.com/y9tcsoaj
Below you'll see a broad description of all challenges together, throughout this week we will post one post per challenge to describe it more in detail.
So how do we do this? We stick to the basics.
World Class Fitness in 100 Words.
"Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat.
Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports."
~Coach Greg Glassman, CrossFit Founder and CEO
The above, fairly simply put, fitness prescription written rings as true now as they did back in 2002 when Coach Glassman used them to start a way of training and life that has created more, fitter and healthier individuals, than we think even he could have imagined.
We will now use it to make sure that YOU can also become the fittest version of your self. We have chosen a fairly short time frame this time around to make it easier for you to go "all in" on the challenges and really stick with the prescriptions - and the purpose is simple: to show you how easy it can actually be to be THAT fit human being that you actually want to be.
This time around, we have 3 Challenges that are simple in design, should be easy to follow, AND can give you a lot of bang for the buck = results!
We start with the base of the pyramid, with the aim to produce the best support for your
#1 - "CCF Simple Eating Challenge"
This one is focused on you eating WELL, but also made simple by not being too restrictive.
- WHAT? We focus on the first part of "100 words of fitness" - Eat meat* and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar
*This time we even have a support system for those who have chosen the vegan route, Mark Koekemoer, (previous CCF Coach) is offering guidance in this area if you do not eat meat.
- HOW? You give your self points each day according to our 3p = perfect day system! We do measurements of body weight, body fat and take before & after pictures which the coaches then vote the winners from.
- FEE? R200 - most goes back to prize pool AND you get weekly guidance by our Nutrition Coach, Tash King, both via emails with and the CCF Nutrition Facebook group!
#2 - "CCF Performance Challenge"
This challenge focus on your performance level and will test your well roundedness as an athlete.
- WHAT? We'll measure a few fitness markers at the start and then at the end - the best total scores AND best improvements wins!
- HOW? Show up to class on Monday the 9th and we will simply do the start of the challenge, then train as hard as you can for 6 weeks and reap the rewards!
- FEE? R100 - ALL goes back to the prize pool where some of the winners in each category walked away with cash equal to a full months membership at CCF! (R1360 each).
#3 - "CCF Lifestyle Challenge"
This one ties it all together! By simply teaching you how to LIVE the CCF Lifestyle for 6 weeks we know that we will change your life forever.
- WHAT? A full on system to turn you into the fittest version of you. You track Sleep, Mobility, Training, and can even collect extra points for joining the 3 different CCF Missions*!
- HOW? Your coaches will sign your sheet in class every day and you then simply fill in your points every day (it's an honesty system), and see how your body and mind starts transforming over these 6 weeks.
- FEE? R100 - this gives you a score card and CCF & our partners then also sponsor epic prizes to the pool!
Last time the winners walked away with a Free month of training, epic CCF gear, or a R1000 package from Nutritech - our supplement partner.
The CCF Missions this time are very simple and we'll even offer at least one CCF lead mission for each of them
1. Climb Lions Head, 2. Run the Pipe Track, 3. SIGN UP FOR A RACE (Park Run or anything 5k or longer!) - more on this in the post about those missions later this week where we'll also give a list of recommended races to look at attending.
Why should I do these challenges?
Simply put it's a "fool proof" way of creating results. By committing to yourself to be diligent in these areas over such a short period as 6 weeks we know that you will become a fitter & healthier human being - at the end of the day that's what CCF is all about.
Last time we had a total of almost 100 of our members joining these challenges so the prize pools are always a good motivation, but more importantly by joining these challenges there will be a big group of us focusing on the same goals - to live a better life through fitness!
Hit us up with any questions you might have and sign up at the boxes this week already!
PS. The sooner you do your measurements with a CCF Coach, the more time you'll have to reach those goals of yours for the Simple Eating Challenge.